Tuesday, September 3, 2013

I'm Back

Yes, I'm back.  Back from a weekend full of wading in freezing cold water, taking pictures, building bonfires, roasting marshmallows, and having a wonderful time in general.  (I also washed a lot of dishes, but I'm not going to talk about that.  :D)
Well, I had a fun time reading through four days' worth of blog posts, and I found out that I've been tagged/awarded twice.  So I'll do that today.



Rules
  • When you receive the award, link back to All Things Good and the blog that nominated you (Revealed in Time and Abilaine Cottage)
  • Display the award button in the post
  • Answer all of the 12 questions given in this post (Do not make your own questions)
  • Nominate 8 bloggers
  • Notify them that they have been awarded


Questions:

1. What made you decide to start blogging?

  I am a crazy, hopeless fangirl and blogging was a way to be able to ramble and talk about it.  It's gotten to be more than that, though.  I've made some friends and blogging has become a part of my life.  It's brought me closer to God and my family and I've learned some important lessons. 
2. What is your fashion style?
Ummm...do I have one?  I don't know...I like comfy clothes and I like to look nice if possible.

3. What is something none of your followers know about you?


I enjoy going to flea markets, even though I rarely buy anything.

4. What are some of your blogging goals?

The main purpose of this blog is talking about classics, of course, but I want each of my posts to inspire or cheer the people who read them.  My lesser goals...having a larger community on my blog and making new friends.


5. Where is your favorite place to shop?
BOOKSTORES.  I don't enjoy shopping for clothes that much.


6. What would your ideal amount of blog followers be?
I don't know...not really a specific amount.  Some.  Preferably some who comment a lot.


7. What are your talents?  
Imagining wild things, writing, reading, playing violin, baking.

8. Are you a leader or a follower?
By nature I'm a follower, but I'm the oldest of seven, so I have to be a leader a lot. 



9. What is one of your favorite quotes?
 Only one? This is cruel...
Maybe this one:
"There is nothing like a dream to create the future."
And a funny one:
"Wheee! Don't know commandeer, but it sound pretty harsh to me."
"It is a way you cook things," said Johnny solemnly.




10. Do you have a favorite book or book series?
Les Miserables
Emma
The Book of Books series 


11. Out of all of the synonyms for elegant, which would you describe yourself with (smart - stylish - dressy - graceful - dainty - fine)?
Well, I'm certainly not smart in the elegant way, being more of a dreamer, and I'm not stylish or dressy, and I'm not especially graceful, and I'm too tall to be dainty, so I guess I'm fine.


12. What is your favorite flower?

 I love Black Lace elderberries.





http://www.gardeningblog.net/forums/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_1225.jpg


It doesn't look like anybody has been nominating eight, so I'm just nominating two people, even though I'm sure they've already been awarded a lot:
Melody
Miss Dashwood


2 comments:

Miss Dashwood said...

That funny quote. THAT FUNNY QUOTE. You, my dear, are a kindred spirit. I mean, it's not like I didn't know that already. But yeah. THE BEST JOHNNY TREMAIN QUOTE EVAH. (Well, other than the inspirational ones like, "a man can stand up.")

And thanks for nominating me!

Miss Jane Bennet said...

Yes. I hope nobody ever asks me to define "commandeer," because I will burst out laughing. :D
You totally deserve the nomination, but you're welcome. :)