Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Happy Talk Like Jane Austen Day!

Well, as some of you may know, today is the 202nd anniversary of the publication of Jane Austen's first novel, S&S.  In celebration of this grand and glorious day, it has been proclaimed that October 30th is Talk Like Jane Austen Day!  This is the day on which you may use all the witty quotes you've been memorizing since you began perusing her estimable novels, as well as imagining for a wonderful day that *you* actually live in the Regency Era.

No, this really doesn't have anything to do with the post topic- I just love Marianne's expression. :P
So, many happy returns of the day!  I sincerely hope that each of you is able to use at least one JA quote during this marvelous celebration.
And, since I'm celebrating it as well, I shall end this post with a quote from S&S, which is from one of the most amusing parts of the book:

“It is not everyone,' said Elinor, 'who has your passion for dead leaves.” 

...I have the honor of reminding everyone that it is autumn. ;)
-Miss Jane Bennet

2 comments:

Miss Dashwood said...

I LOVE THE DEAD LEAVES QUOTE.
"From politics it was an easy step to silence."
"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn?"
"I am not at all in a humor for writing; I must write on until I am."
"I have been guessing. Shall I tell you my guess? Well, I guess that Mr. Willoughby hunts."
"If I am a wild Beast I cannot help it. It is not my own fault."
Those are some of my favorites. :D

Miss Jane Bennet said...

Haha, it quite deserves it! ;)
Gack, I love each and every one of those quotes. I would put a bunch of mine on here, but it would make my comment waaaaay too long. ;)